Pelvic Girdle Pain
Updated: Jul 13, 2020
I have had lots of ladies contacting me over the last 12 weeks who have been struggling with pelvic girdle pain (PGP) in pregnancy or postnatally.
PGP can consist of back pain, pain in the pubic bone, thighs, perineum.
Here are some tips to keep you going:
- Keep on top of your pelvic floor exercises
- Short walks little and often
- Take shorter strides when walking
- Take regular breaks from activity
- Pelvic support belt
- Wearing flat supportive shoes
- Do not cross your legs in sitting
- Keep your knees together when getting in and out of the car or bed
- Sit down to get dressed
- Avoid heavy lifting
- Take the stairs one at a time
If you need further help or advice please do get in touch.